- The government has electronically transferred more than Rs.61,000 crore in the last financial year through the Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) scheme.
According to the data presented in Parliament
- Rs.61,824.32 crore was transferred to 30.8 crore beneficiaries in 59 schemes.
- Out of this, Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA) payments made up Rs.25,800 crore, or 42 per cent of total DBT schemes.
Scheme % Through DBT Rupees transferred
- MGNREGA payments 85 per cent Rs.25,800 crore
- PAHAL scheme 35 per cent Rs.21,400 crore
- Schemes under Department of Higher Education Rs.1,975 crore
- Schemes under Ministry of Minority Affairs Rs.1,134 crore
- Schemes under Ministry of Tribal Affairs Rs.955 crore
3.34 crore duplicate, fake, or inactive consumers were blocked under the PAHAL and related schemes as of April 1, 2015.
The savings in LPG subsidy on account of this blocked customers, calculated at an average cash subsidy of Rs.150 taking the average cylinders used by a consumer at 6.5 comes to an estimated savings of Rs.3,300 crore in 2015-16.