The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, recently chaired his 12th interaction through PRAGATI – the ICT-based, multi-modal platform for Pro-Active Governance and Timely Implementation.
- The Prime Minister reviewed the progress towards handling and resolution of grievances related to disbursement of scholarships/fellowships to students. He sought to know the reasons for the delay, and enquired about the progress of Aadhaar-linkage to disbursal of benefits to students.
- The Prime Minister also reviewed the progress of vital infrastructure projects in the road, railway, steel and power sectors, spread over several states including Tripura, Mizoram, Uttar Pradesh, Karnataka, Odisha, Telangana, Chhattisgarh and Maharashtra.
PRAGATI is a unique integrating and interactive platform. The platform is aimed at addressing common man’s grievances, and simultaneously monitoring and reviewing important programmes and projects of the Government of India as well as projects flagged by State Governments.
- The PRAGATI platform uniquely bundles three latest technologies: Digital data management, video-conferencing and geo-spatial technology.
- It also offers a unique combination in the direction of cooperative federalism since it brings on one stage the Secretaries of Government of India and the Chief Secretaries of the States.
- With this, the Prime Minister is able to discuss the issues with the concerned Central and State officials with full information and latest visuals of the ground level situation. It is also an innovative project in e-governance and good governance.
- It is a three-tier system (PMO, Union Government Secretaries, and Chief Secretaries of the States).
- Issues to be flagged before the PM are picked up from the available database regarding Public Grievances, on-going Programmes and pending Projects.
- The system will ride on, strengthen and re-engineer the data bases of the CPGRAMS for grievances, Project Monitoring Group (PMG) and the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation. PRAGATI provides an interface and platform for all these three aspects.
- It will also take into consideration various correspondences to PM’s office by the common people or from high dignitaries of States and/or developers of public projects.
- It is also a robust system for bringing e-transparency and e-accountability with real-time presence and exchange among the key stakeholders.
- The system has been designed in-house by the PMO team with the help of National Informatics Center (NIC).