- Defence Minister visit to Singapore to attend the Shangri-La dialogue.
- India and Singapore held the inaugural Singapore-India Defence Ministers’ Dialogue (DMD.
- Last month, the two countries convened the first meeting of their Defence Industry Working Group in which both sides agreed to set up industry level working mechanisms to foster cooperation in aerospace, electronics and other areas of mutual interest.
- Both countries significantly scaled up their military to military engagement with bilateral visits and joint exercises.
- India and Singapore signed a Defence Cooperation Agreement (DCA) in 2003 which was revised in 2015.
- Defence cooperation had been identified as a key sector under the India-Singapore Joint Declaration on Strategic Partnership signed during the visit of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to Singapore in November 2015.