Dear aspirants, following are the links of various articles taken from various newspapers. Click the link to read further. To get notification, follow the blog. Thank you!
Maximum allocation in current year, entire amount in 2 yearsGovt. equity in public sector banks to be diluted to raise fundsJaitley promises banking sector reforms will follow soonRecapitalisation of banks vital to revive growth, say economists.
On October 17, the Supreme Court read down the marital rape exception for married girls between the ages of 15 and 18. The judgment is prospective in nature.
Incentives and Schemes provided by the Government of India to end child marriage
- Dhan Laxmi scheme
- Apni Beti Apna Dhan Programme- conditional cash transfer program which aims at delaying early marriages of girls
- Kishori Shakti Yojna
- India as a member of the South Asian Initiative to End Violence against Children (SAIEVAC) adopted a regional plan to end child marriage.
- India is a part of UNFPA and UNICEF’s Global Programme to Accelerate Action to End Child Marriage.
Suggestions to combat the menace
- Extending educational infrastructure especially in rural areas. Education for girls at least up to secondary level should be provided
- Addressing the issue of gender biases
- Extensive awareness and gender sensitization programs.
- Empowering young people to criticize the existing social norms.
- Integration of existing child laws in India.
- Effective implementation of the Prohibition of Child Marriage Act (2006).
- Consistency between personal laws and The Prohibition of Child Marriage Act should be established.
The former Ambassador of Pakistan to the U.S. says the two neighbours must be friends before sorting out disagreements. Read interview.
Here are things to know about the Saubhagya Yojana:-
– The Saubhagya scheme basically means Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana
– The Saubhagya scheme aims to provide electricity to all families in India
– The Saubhagya scheme will provide free electricity connection to poor families of India
– The total outlay for Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana is pegged at Rs 16,320 crore
– The amount will be funded largely by Centre
– Saubhagya Yojana will give access to electricity to all ‘willing’ households
The price of bitcoin hit yet another lifetime high last week breaking the $6,000 mark for the first time across major exchanges.
The Centre is clearly stepping up its bid to address concerns about the fledgling goods and services tax regime. In what is being seen as official recognition that drastic action is called for, Revenue Secretary Hasmukh Adhia conceded in an interview over the weekend that it is possible that differential treatment to some similar items may not necessarily be fair.
Once in India, Lord Robert Clive, more often than not, would be in uniform and battle ready. He would sport long moonboots, ride horses. Conjectural of sorts, he would flash a gun in one hand, and a sword in the other. Conjectural because, when both hands are armed, what body part held the bridle?
Use of plastic to lay roads shows the way. Initiatives in states like Tamil Nadu and Himachal Pradesh are worth emulating.
Thank you aspirants. To help us, Like and share us on your social media page and follow us.